Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Zodiac Sign? No Longer 12 Signs



Some of us know our zodiac signs. Some of us don’t. But if you thought you knew your sign before, maybe you’re wrong. If you were a Taurus, you might be an Aries now! Bummer!!! Apparently , Astronomer Parke Kunkle believes that a shift has occurred in the Earth’s alignment which has made it take a different direction in relation to the Sun. Due to this change, an additional 13th sign has been added; Ophiuchus.
About 3000 years ago, the 12 zodiac signs were assigned based on 12 different periods of the year. But due to the shift, there are now 13 different periods, hence 13 zodiac signs. The new sign Ophiuchus is the ‘serpent bearer’ (a bit ominous in my opinion).

New Zodiac Sign Ophiuchus

New Zodiac signs:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

Thankfully I’m still a Taurus. I can’t say the same for my boyfriend, Delano. He’s not too happy about it :). If you have a new zodiac sign or just want to express your outrage or nonchalance, leave a comment. I want to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. It really means alot to me. If you want to contact me, you can do so at rhld.wallo@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Rahel